- It is hard to imagine that our sun is just one star among billions of stars in billions of galaxies in the observable universe. The universe isn’t tiny at all.
- Compared to our planet, which is itself so small in comparison to the entire cosmos, humans seem so insignificant. Though the Earth has existed for billions of years, humans have only been on Earth for a few thousand years. So, we’re relatively new to this planet. But, think of all the problems, wars, religions, and ideologies humans have created. Think of the abuse that people inflict on one another. And for what?
- There are times when we believe we are the center of the universe. We feel that we are the most significant thing in the universe, and the universe revolves around us. But when you look at nature, the stars, the sky, the oceans, and the cosmos, you recognize how tiny we are.
- Simply being aware of the universe makes us more generous, creative, and ethical. As a result, we feel connected to this larger whole and filled with complicated emotions. So lose yourself in nature as often as possible, gazing at the sky, mountains, and rivers.
- Keep this fact in mind whenever you struggle with life problems. Do you realize just how insignificant these problems are? And in the end, will it make a difference whatever happens?
- At the end of the day, we are all just specks in this vast universe, so stop taking yourself so seriously and be kind to each other. It is a privilege to be alive in this vast and amazing world and cherish this tiny blue dot in an endless Universe.
But that’s just my take. Comment and share yours.
If this topic interests you and you’re curious to learn more – check out this book through this Amazon affiliate link that I thoroughly enjoyed – Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind