- It is rare for us these days to hold ourselves to the same standards as those at the top of their game. As much as we can, we point fingers at all of their moves. Yet, we forget to evaluate our own character.
- We tend to give more power and respect to those who appear to be knowledgeable and more attractive physically. However, we don’t give another chance to those with high moral character. Then again, what is knowledge without character? And beauty without personality? It is your character that builds trust and is more valuable.
- All of us come from different backgrounds and have different preconceived notions. It’s our job to understand why we think the way we do and why we believe what we believe. We must challenge our beliefs and opinions on everything and put all our notions to the test.
- Our character is an excellent defense in a world that would attempt to buy you and change you. Those who develop strong character are self-aware, understand what they want, and, as a result, can avoid toxic relationships, jobs, and friendships. Rather than simply accepting what people say and what already exists, they question their beliefs and regularly educate themselves.
- Your strong character means that you’re being true to your values, being humble, standing up for what you believe in, and understanding that your failures are not final. Your strong character will allow you to stick by your words and not back down from challenging topics. Your character becomes your shield.
But that’s just my take. Comment and share yours.
If this topic interests you and you’re curious to learn more – check out this book through this Amazon affiliate link that I thoroughly enjoyed – So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love